Old January 7th 05, 03:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dan Gravell Dan Gravell is offline

Default Covered walkways

umpston wrote:
"Dan Gravell" wrote in message

Just wondered, has there ever been any consideration given to installing
more covers over walkways through busy pedestrian routes in London? The
City becomes a nightmare at rush hour when it starts raining, you can't
walk for people with ridiculously oversized comedy umbrellas.

I guess it's far down the list of priorities but with Ken trying to
encourage more people to walk...

Dan

Nice when raining - but wouldn't it look horrible ?

If they were left for twenty years without being updated like most of
the capital's transport resource, probably!

In the short term I'm sure something attractive could be designed. The
City currently mixes the old with the new fairly well architecturally.