Old January 8th 05, 12:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tony Wilson Tony Wilson is offline

Default Advantages of an Annual Travelcard??

I have exactly the same as you, and I did indeed receive a gold record
card (although contrary to the other poster, I recall this came with the
Oyster card... maybe I'm mistaken).

I already had the Oyster itself, which was just updated electronically by
the gate at my local tube station after I did the online renewal. But the
paper ticket came something daft like 6 weeks later, during which time I
fortunately didn't need to get the National Rail discount.