Old January 8th 05, 05:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
TKD TKD is offline

Default Oyster Pre-Pay over-charge?

"Jason" wrote in message ...
On Tuesday evening , WAGN rail from Essex Road (Z2) to Highbury and
Islington, then Victoria line to Walthamstow Central (Z3) was charged
at £1.80 instead of £1.10

My first thought was that the journey had 'timed-out' and charged a
Z2-6 fare which is £1.80,

When I 'touched-in' at Essex Road, a change of mind meant I went back
to the ticket office (it's ungated) to renew a Period Travelcard -
thus adding an extra 15 minutes to my journey time.

Seeing as I touched in *and* out, within a reasonable timeframe (about
45 minutes) I assumed this shouldn't be the case.

So it's either my journey time was too long, or the fare was charged
incorrectly. Which is more likely?
--
Cheers,

Jason.

Some prepay fares seem to be charging incorrectly. I went from East Ham to Canary Wharf (Zone 3-2)
and should have been charged £1.10 but was charged £1.30. At the tube station they admitted the
problem but asked me to call the Oyster helpline. They told me the only way to get the money back
was for them to send me a cheque for 20p. I asked them not to bother but to email me when they were
charging correctly. They said that was not possible as they are too busy. Pretty lousy service all
round.