Old January 8th 05, 07:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Plumb Dave Plumb is offline

Default Oyster prepay fare capping

"Neil Williams" wrote:

Some will lose and some will gain. In my mind, like the German model,
it makes perfect sense for a local transport authority to have
responsibility for setting the fares[1] on all local public transport
services, whatever the type, so I am all for it.

I guess it's fair if you'd use the extra validity you might gain. I have a
point to point into zone 2 and then a 2 zone Oyster, which suits my travel
pattern and gives me travel where I use it, £370 a year less than the
equivalent "all zones" card for my station (from outside the zones). If they
zone out as far as planned I will pay more and get travel to areas I don't
travel to.

The TfL plan is good, if it irons out anomolies like zone 3 - london
terminals ranging from £1.70-£3.70
(http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/downloads/...uthority-propo
sal.pdf) and the roll out of Oyster and prepay to NR - but I think the
current zones are big enough, to introduce more won't help anyone.

Dave