Old January 9th 05, 08:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Phil Richards Phil Richards is offline

Default Oyster Pre-Pay over-charge?

Neil Williams wrote:

Rather than a more logical option of simply crediting your pre-pay account
by 20p there and then whilst still on the phone.....

That's not quite as easy as it sounds - the balance is on the card,
and in your hand. You would need to at least nominate a station to
collect it.

I'd disagree to say it's on the account with the card being the device to
use to access the account. The same as say your bank card is used to access
funds in your bank account. If my bank want to refund me 20p they owe me, I
don't have to go to my local branch with my switch card, it can all be done
over the phone.

--
Phil Richards
London, UK