Old January 9th 05, 05:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Michael Bell Michael Bell is offline

Default "The Subterranean Railway" - Wolmar

In article , Alan (in Brussels)
wrote:
Press clipping forwarded FYI, by Alan (in Brussels) :

The Subterranean Railway
by Christian Wolmar
351pp, Atlantic, £17.99
Saturday January 8, 2005
http://books.guardian.co.uk/reviews/...385492,00.html

[snip]
Wolmar's book will tell you, too, why the
Underground, like black cabs, barely ventures south of the river.

Do tell us. We have been wondering!

I wish I had seen the Brussels tram-subway while it still was that. A wholly
different approach to underground transport, and probably much cheaper.

Wolamr is actually quite a broad author, he has also written a book on sexual
abuse in children's homes.

Michael Bell