Old January 9th 05, 08:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Nicholas Nicholas is offline

Default Advantages of an Annual Travelcard??

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 20:43:43 -0000, "Dave Plumb"
wrote:

of your journey, I'd opt for a paper NR ticket, unless the Oyster
'touch-in/out' convenience is very important to you.

Most operators give discounts when they fail to meet performance
levels - I've had 5% my monthly 'Period Travelcard' every month for a
long time. This is enough to keep me buying from a NR station.

What if you renew at a shared TOC station on a line that gives charter
discounts? Do they issue paper or Oysters?
http://www.oystercard.com/buy_toc.php

I'd like to know the answer to this too. I've just bought an Z2 annual
travelcard for the first time (just before the price increase and
saved £125 compared to new monthlies!) but decided to buy it from an
South West Trains Station in order to receive additional benefits (6
free weekend return tickets to anywhere on the SWT network), and I
think other operators have similar offers.

The problem is that I could not get this issued on an Oyster as NR
stations are not Oyster equipped (except Wimbledon and Richmond). I
wasn't able to find out if I bought it from Wimbledon/Richmond if I'd
still get the additional benefits (SWT Customer Services didn't seem
to know).

Nicholas