Old January 10th 05, 12:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard Richard is offline

Default London Squares

On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 17:36:53 -0000, "Martin Underwood"
wrote:
I was told by the guy I was working for that the Irish authorities are
reluctant to change the speed limit signs in case people try to claim that
the signs still indicate mph and therefore that they are allowed to drive at
80 in a zone that had previously carried a 50 mph = 80 km/hr speed limit ;-)

Well, they're doing it now, in 9 days...

http://www.gometric.ie/

The new signs will, at least for now, show "km/h" under the figure.

Richard.