Old January 10th 05, 01:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london, uk.transport
[email protected] junk1@davidbevan.co.uk is offline

Default Yearly Season Ticket For Part Time Workers?

My wife and I both work in London and comute from Kent on South East
Trains, the yearly season ticket costs about £1400 each.

We are expecting our first child in the summer and eventually when my
wife returns to work we are considering her working 2 days a week and
me working 3 days a week, so there will always be one of us at home
being house wife/husband.

One problem that this is thrown up appears to be that although between
us we will still only be making 5 return trips to London each week we
will have to each buy an annual train ticket (ie 2x £1400)

I have tried asking my local station, but they didnt seem to understand
what I was saying, so I wondered if anyone here understands what I am
saying and can think of a solution.

....the obvious answer is to buy singles, but these work out almost as
expensive and I would need to queue for 30 mins every day to buy one!

Do trains offer similar tickets to the tube Carnet? ie buy single
tickets in bulk and get a discount?
Thanks for any help

David Bevan

http://www.davidbevan.co.uk