Old January 10th 05, 05:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mrs Redboots Mrs Redboots is offline

Default "The Subterranean Railway" - Wolmar

Michael Bell wrote to uk.transport.london on Sun, 9 Jan 2005:

I wish I had seen the Brussels tram-subway while it still was that. A wholly
different approach to underground transport, and probably much cheaper.

Isn't it, any more? How sad. It was on my first trip to Brussels, but
as it was a business trip, I had almost no free time in which to explore
it. I've only been to Brussels twice, and the last time we were in the
car - and that was a great many years ago, now I come to think of it!
We had planned to go again this summer, but it didn't happen.
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/