Old January 10th 05, 06:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london, uk.transport
[email protected] keithraeburn@aol.com is offline

Default Yearly Season Ticket For Part Time Workers?

You can buy an "impersonal season", which costs 50% more than the
equivalent Adult rate season ticket, but, as its name suggests, allows
any number of people to use it (although only one of them may be using
it at any one time).

Keith

wrote:
My wife and I both work in London and comute from Kent on South East
Trains, the yearly season ticket costs about £1400 each.

We are expecting our first child in the summer and eventually when my
wife returns to work we are considering her working 2 days a week and
me working 3 days a week, so there will always be one of us at home
being house wife/husband.

One problem that this is thrown up appears to be that although

between
us we will still only be making 5 return trips to London each week we
will have to each buy an annual train ticket (ie 2x £1400)

I have tried asking my local station, but they didnt seem to

understand
what I was saying, so I wondered if anyone here understands what I am
saying and can think of a solution.

...the obvious answer is to buy singles, but these work out almost as
expensive and I would need to queue for 30 mins every day to buy one!

Do trains offer similar tickets to the tube Carnet? ie buy single
tickets in bulk and get a discount?
Thanks for any help

David Bevan

http://www.davidbevan.co.uk