Old January 10th 05, 07:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london
marcb marcb is offline

Default Undressing Exhibition Road

"Brimstone" wrote in news:crug7k$fak$1
@titan.btinternet.com:

marcb wrote:
Brimstone wrote:

Do people in the Dutch town where this has been implemented get mown
down? AIUI, they don't.

If you've been to the Netherlands you'll know their culture is much
more geared towards walkers and cyclists in towns - I'd love it to
work here but there are just too many dangerous drivers out there.

Seems like this is a good start to reverse the trend.

Maybe - but Exhibition Road is not a typical London road environment. Let's
try it in Hackney (where I live and where it's usual to see cars topping 50
down the side streets).

M.