Old January 11th 05, 08:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Goodland Peter Goodland is offline

Default Red buses

"Brimstone" wrote in message
Tony Wilson wrote:
Of all the horrors of the early years of tendering in London,
something which really bugged me (out of all proportion if I'm
honest!) was the taking away of our red buses. This was particularly
true where I lived at the time as even the route London Buses
retained were transformed into the horrendous Bexlybus operation. It
really felt like they were taking some of our London heritage away,
which is all the more sensitive when the Royal Mail tells everybody
you live in Kent.

Are you suggesting the Royal Mail is wrong? As far as I'm aware Bexley has
always been in Kent, it's only the grasping of London suburbia that has
caused Bexley to become attached to the metropolis.

1. If you live in Bexley, how much of your council tax goes to Kent County
Council?

2. The Royal Mail dropped the requirement for county names in addresses many
years ago.
Type your postcode into their address finder.

Peter.