Old January 11th 05, 08:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Ian Jelf Ian Jelf is offline

Default Driving on the wrong side of the road (was: London Squares)

In message , Michael Bell
writes
3 years ago, I drove onto the ferry at Eckerö (Åland Islands) on the
way to Sweden and the money collector (a Finn by nationality) openly laughed
at my RHD car with its "wheel at the wrong side" (med hjulet på fell siden).
He was in his mid 20s and cannot have remembered that Sweden once had
left-hand traffic.

I once came back to my UK Citroen 2CV on a French car park to find a
security guard peering in through the window.

When I said hello he said that he was just admiring the car (obviously!)
and then asked whether or not it had been expensive for me to have the
steering wheel moved! He'd obviously never considered the concept of
exporting!
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK