Old January 11th 05, 06:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Beale Peter Beale is offline

Default Red buses

In article , (Nick)
wrote:

London heritage??? We have been part of Kent for generations, and
only sucked into the Greater London experiment so the Tories could
take control of London government (well, mostly). I am sure the
overwhelming majority of residents in Bexley describe, and want to
describe themselves as living in Kent (me included). Maybe those of
us in metropolitan Kent will one day escape from the clutches of
central London and determine our own affairs without inteference.

I loathe Bexley being described as "south London", it really is NOT.
We are part of the Greater London administrative area, that's all,
for all other purposes we are people of Kent. I know "Londoners"
find this hard to believe, but many of us don't wanty to be part of
your high-density overpopulated sprawling urban gloom.

Nonetheless as far as buses are concerned the red ones of London
Transport penetrated as far as Dartford (trolleybuses before them)
and Farningham, and the green ones of London Transport country
area a lot further into Kent than that.

--
Peter Beale