Old January 11th 05, 07:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Ian Jelf Ian Jelf is offline

Default Red buses

In message , Nick
writes
"Ian Jelf" wrote in message
In message , Nick
writes
I know "Londoners" find this hard to believe, but many of us don't wanty
to be part of your high-density overpopulated sprawling urban gloom.

But people there are probably happy with their co-ordinated public
transport and - when the time comes - Freedom Passes?

Whenever I have this debate about Bexley part of Greater London or not, the
biggest noise always seems to be made about the Freedom pass!

The same happens here in Birmingham when the Centro Senior Citizen pass
is used as justification for Sutton Coldfield being now part of
Birmingham. :-)

Arguably, I think the freedom pass is overkill anyway;

Well I don't but each to their own.

Co-ordinated local public transport? In Bexley, that just means running
buses with the NR network, and you don't need a massive Greater London body
to draw up a few bus timetables to match those of the NR network.

Try living outside the Greater London area [1] and compare transport
provision and co-ordination there and you'll see how LB Bexley *does*
have co-ordination.

[1] or whatever term you prefer for the area administered by the GLA
and Mayor and served by TfL.
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK