Old August 10th 03, 12:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Bus Conductors and Drivers (again).

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 12:20:58 +0100, Dave
wrote:

Er, there still are rules regarding the maximum number of standees.

Indeed there are - and fewer are permitted when crew-operated, leading
to the ridiculous situation where, on a busy modern decker which was
being crew-operated, I had to go upstairs and take a seat rather than
standing downstairs, which I would have preferred to do as I was
making a short journey.

Going a bit off-topic, the Blackpool Tramway is rather strict on the
number of standees, making it (at peak times) a bit of a joke as a
public transport operation rather than an interesting curiosity -
which suggests to me that the rules under which it operates are closer
to those of a "classic" crew-operated bus service rather than a modern
tram with conductors like those in (for example) Sheffield.

Neil