Old January 12th 05, 03:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport
Mrs Redboots Mrs Redboots is offline

Default Yearly Season Ticket For Part Time Workers?

Mike Bristow wrote to uk.transport.london on Wed, 12 Jan 2005:

The fact that long distance commuters consider the alternatives
unpalatable does not negate the fact that they made a choice not
to move closer to work, get a job closer to home or work in the
first place.

In this day and age? You're joking! Don't forget, husband often works
in one place, wife in another, then there are issues such as children's
schooling, negative equity, etc. Plus when you get to 50+ you hang on
to your job for all you're worth, as you can't get another.... and so it
goes. IBM stands for "I've Been Moved", don't forget.

Anyway, define "Long-Distance"? Some people really do think a journey
of 50 miles or more is worth it - I wouldn't, but.....
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/