Old August 10th 03, 07:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve Steve is offline

Default Compensation For Delays

CJG wrote in news:ab+GWLBdwoN
:

In message , Steve
writes
The issue is not the hot weather but how LU management and staff
respond to such problems. When there are no trains/delays you never get
decent information

Actually to be honest I think the whole reason I hate L.U is because you
can wait at station and wait and wait and wait and not be told anything.
Its frustration at the fact that your train hasn't come and you don't
know if its ever coming.

I dunno, my recent experience was being told it was 10 minutes wait (I had to
go up the escalators to ask - finding three of them propping up the gates not
one on the platform). This was a lie and they later admitted they had been
saying 10 minutes for the last 20 or so despite no trains passing. The LU
apologists on here tried to defend the SAs with some pathetic excuse that
they must have been told to say that. If they ever gave a **** about the
passengers then they should be querying their seniors and refusing to lie to
the customers. They just don't want to admit when they mess up (which is so
frequent) even though telling the truth would enable passengers to make their
own minds up how to travel rather then rely on LU who are only interested in
short term image and not at all bothered about the passengers.