Old January 13th 05, 01:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] jonnelledge@hotmail.com is offline

Default London or Not (try to cross-post to uk.transport.kent ??)

Nick:
Postal counties still exist and are maintained, they just aren't one

of the
mandatory address fields. However, as far as I am aware, the RM

*still*
recommend the use of the postal county for places such as "Rainham,

Essex"
and "Rainham, Kent" to avoid any potential confusion.

[sorry if the formatting's screwed - googlegroups confuses me]

Just as an aside, National Rail refer to them as Rainham, London and
Rainham, Kent...

Jonn