Old January 13th 05, 02:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mrs Redboots Mrs Redboots is offline

Default London or Not (try to cross-post to uk.transport.kent ??)

Paul Terry wrote to uk.transport.london on Thu, 13 Jan 2005:

In message , Nick
ennard.com writes

How can I explain this: when I visit somewhere like Maidstone it feels
very similar; when I visit somewhere like Lewisham, New Cross, or
Deptford, they seem so entirely different.

And yet Deptford, Lewisham and most of New Cross were all in Kent for
centuries, of course.

Yes, there was, as I recall, a London Road, Lewisham, home of the
Bastable family in E Nesbit's novel, "The Treasure Seekers".
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/