Old January 13th 05, 10:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport
DavidR DavidR is offline

Default Yearly Season Ticket For Part Time Workers?

wrote in message

When cyclists

snip
pay the same amounts of money that ALL other uses have to pay then I
may just have a little more time for them .

Something escapes me here. "All other road users" includes pedestrians.
What are they paying? And what do cyclists have to pay that you think they
are evading?

Actually, I think you will find people using bikes legally avoid tax and it
is an option open to everybody. How about you? You could use one and
increase the number of cyclists setting good manners. With enough people
doing it, it might catch on. But if you don't want a tax free option, well,
that's your choice.

If you think cyclists should pay tax, why don't you write to Gordon Brown
and suggest it.