Old January 14th 05, 03:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Alistair Bell Alistair Bell is offline

Default London Squares

Mrs Redboots wrote:
Paul Weaver wrote to uk.transport.london on Mon, 10 Jan 2005:

"tim" wrote in message
If I had to drive in mainland Europe, I'd always hire a car

locally and
wouldn't contemplate taking my own RHD car over there

Having done both, I find that sitting on the wrong side
of the car is far harder to get used to than positioning
myself on the wrong side of the road.

It's the gear stick I cant get used to.

Except that in the USA they don't know how to drive manual shift

cars,
so that you always get an automatic anyway.....

True enough. And it also means that for an expat in the US (like me)
coming back to the UK and hiring a car, the hardest part isn't driving
on the other side of the road -- it's remembering how to drive a
manual!