Old January 14th 05, 04:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Another Fare Oddity

In article , (Zac)
wrote:

I was making a journey last week from Tottenham Hale to Stansted
Mountfitchet.

As I had a Z1234 travelcard, I asked for it to start from Boundary Zone
4. One WA Ticket Machine Operative in the LU gave me the said ticket.

I then had a playaround on the Ticket Machine by Platform 1, and found
it was cheaper to get a ticket from Tottenham Hale, rather than Bound.
Zone 4.

Any ideas why it is cheaper ?

Possibly because it's a fare set by "one". My Cambridge tickets which
don't include any tube travel have gone up much less than those including
tube travel, e.g. one day Travelcards up 10% while day returns to London
have gone up about 3% over the year (there was an interim increase last
autumn).

--
Colin Rosenstiel