Old January 14th 05, 09:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Bob Adams Bob Adams is offline

Default Slow northbound picc into Kings X

In message , Paul Corfield
writes
On 14 Jan 2005 02:49:40 -0800, "Boltar" wrote:

The piccadilly trains seem to run very slowly into the northbound
platform at Kings X and its been like that for years. Anyone know
the reason?

There is a speed restriction due, I understand but would need to
confirm, to the condition of the track on the junction work. Plans are
in place to fully replace the junction and remove the restriction thus
restoring line speed. We are waiting for a confirmed date as to when the
work will be done but the last estimate said it was due in about 4-8
weeks. I'll post the planned date when we get the update.

On a similar theme but a different line and place (but at least still
almost on-topic as it is another JNP (aka Tube Lines) operation) why is
the Northern Line approach southbound into Old Street made so slowly?

Bob.
--
Bob Adams - email address: