Old January 15th 05, 05:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Terry Harper Terry Harper is offline

Default Right hand traffic (was London Squares)

"Neil Williams" wrote in message
On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 10:47:21 +0000 (UTC), "Terry Harper"
wrote:

Really the answer is to provide an extra lane between junctions, so that
there is never any need to merge off a slip road.

I don't like that when driving a slower vehicle (e.g. a minibus)
because it means you are forever moving back and forth. I think most
lorry drivers would probably agree - unless such lanes were
permanently marked with dotted lines to be for turning vehicles only.

It seems to work well from Junction 10 (A3) onwards clockwise on the M25. In
general 4 lanes between junctions, three lanes through them.
--
Terry Harper, Web Co-ordinator, The Omnibus Society
Web Site: http://www.omnibussoc.org/75th.htm