Old January 16th 05, 12:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport
Taz Taz is offline

Default Yearly Season Ticket For Part Time Workers?

wrote in message
oups.com...

Huge wrote:
(Neil Williams) writes:
On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 18:58:06 +0000,
wrote:

It just shows the utter contempt which most people have for cycles

and
their riders which is fully justified in my opinion . When cyclists
begin to observe the laws relating to the use of UK roads and have

pay the same amounts of money that ALL other uses have to pay then

may just have a little more time for them .

I agree with the first point, and I'd like to point out that, as a
cyclist, I do obey traffic lights etc, use lights when it is dark

and
do not ride on the pavement. It is noticeable how many do not,

mind.

As for paying for the use of the road, to fit with the existing road
tax system it'd have to be in proportion to the damage caused by the
vehicle to the road

'Fraid not. Two reasons; (i) Road taxes are not levied in proportion
to damage (else HGVs would pay *much* more) & (ii) road taxes are
not for using the roads. They're just tax.

Blimey! You, a motorist, are actually admitting that VED is not a road
tax? Amazing!

I really think we should start calling you zebedee instead of dugh.