Old January 16th 05, 09:02 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Arthur Figgis Arthur Figgis is offline

Default The slow train into Victoria

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 00:52:11 +0000, David Cantrell
wrote:

In the past few months I've noticed that many of the trains coming in
to platforms 9 to 12 at Victoria *crawl* all the way down the platform
before stopping. Anyone know why this is?

Is it because of the TPWS (a safety system, look for some metal grills
between the rails), which would stop them if they came in any faster
than a crawl? A while ago there were some posters at either Victoria
or Waterloo explaining it. I've heard announcements pleading with
people not to try to open the slam doors, as the train would continue
to crawl rather than stop as might be expected.

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK