Old January 16th 05, 09:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default The slow train into Victoria

"Arthur Figgis" ] wrote in message

Is it because of the TPWS (a safety system, look for
some metal grills between the rails), which would stop
them if they came in any faster than a crawl? A while
ago there were some posters at either Victoria or
Waterloo explaining it. I've heard announcements
pleading with people not to try to open the slam doors,
as the train would continue to crawl rather than stop
as might be expected.

So has this particular implementation of TPWS made the railway less safe?

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped