Old January 16th 05, 08:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Michael Bell Michael Bell is offline

Default The slow train into Victoria

In article , David Cantrell
wrote:
In the past few months I've noticed that many of the trains coming in
to platforms 9 to 12 at Victoria *crawl* all the way down the platform
before stopping. Anyone know why this is? It can't be some silly
safety issue because they accelerate out of the platforms normally,
and the same trains stopping at other stations - with crowded
platforms - come in quite fast and decelerate just like they always
have.

Let me suggest something really silly. Is there a beautiful woman working in
a kiosk or suchlike halfway along the platform and the drivers want a good
long look at her? I've known sillier!

Michael Bell