Old January 16th 05, 07:25 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Peter Masson Peter Masson is offline

Default East London Line Project Questions

"Paul Scott" wrote in message

Do any existing services follow the basic route around south London, and
are there paths for the Phase 2 service?

I would not be surprised if the ELL - Clapham Junction via Peckham Rye
service replaced the London Bridge - Victoria via Denmark Hill trains. The
SRA are proposing that the Dartford lines to Victoria service should be
increased to 4 tph (2tph via Bexleyheath and 2 tph from Sidcup), and it
would not be difficult for these to call at Clapham High Street and
Wandsworth Road (and Battersea Park if required) to replace the local
service into Victoria.

What are needed, and I haven't seen any recent proposals, are platforms on
the Atlantic Lines at Brixton - it really is daft that South London Line
trains sail above the top of Brixton without stopping, and have done ever
since East Brixton station was closed in the 1960s (and if it hadn't been
closed then it would have fallen down).

Peter