Old January 17th 05, 08:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london
StaticFish StaticFish is offline

Default Oyster Madness OT

Thanks for the support Tom. Yes, infact Roehampton has *very good*
position in the academic league tables (present first year company
excluded) ;-)

Dan

Tom Cordiner wrote:
wrote:
StaticFish wrote:

2) Actaully smartarse, It used to be Roehampton Instutute, but as

of
around 2000 it has University status. I do a computer programing
course. A seperate cambus from the teaching section. so Shhh

My point exactly - it was renamed as a university when labour

devalued
degrees by converting polys into universities and giving them

degree
awarding powers.

Most of this 'devaluation' was done in 1992 by the Conservative
government. The Further and Higher Education Act (1992) granted
university status to most of the national network of polytechnics and

colleges.

Despite being a Cambridge snob (!) I was under the impression
Roehamption was one of the better new universities?

Tom