Old January 17th 05, 12:40 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Peter Masson Peter Masson is offline

Default East London Line Project Questions

"Nick Pedley" wrote in message

"Peter Masson" wrote in message

"Paul Scott" wrote in message

What are needed, and I haven't seen any recent proposals, are platforms

on
the Atlantic Lines at Brixton - it really is daft that South London Line
trains sail above the top of Brixton without stopping, and have done

ever
since East Brixton station was closed in the 1960s (and if it hadn't

been
closed then it would have fallen down).

East Brixton closed in 1976. I can see what you meant about it falling

down
from the pics on this website...
http://www.subbrit.org.uk/sb-sites/s...on/index.shtml

The map extract on that site is a reminder that Loughborough Junction once
had platforms on all three routes, and Brixton once had platforms on the
Catford Loop as well as the Kent House route. The bronze statues of local
people on the platfroms at Brixton include one who is waiting in vain for a
train to come in from Denmark Hill.

Peter