Old January 17th 05, 01:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Terry Paul Terry is offline

Default Oyster Madness OT

In message , Adrian
writes

I seem to vaguely recall Roehampton being part of Thames Poly/Univ of
Greenwich at the time - I did my (Computer Science) finals there in '92, so
took Thames exams on Thames paper and got a Greenwich degree certificate.

You are thinking of Garnett College which, although in Roehampton Lane,
adjacent to what is now Roehampton University, was never part of the
Roehampton Institute or University.

For most of its life it was a small college primarily for training
lecturers, run by the LCC and then ILEA. It became part of Thames
Polytechnic in the 80s and then passed to the University of Greenwich
(who never made much use of it, AFAIR).

I think the site and buildings are now used by Thames College.

--
Paul Terry