Old January 17th 05, 09:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Nick Nick is offline

Default London or Not (try to cross-post to uk.transport.kent ??)

"Solar Penguin" wrote in message

--- Nick said...

Yawn. Have you actually got anything to say on the subject we're
discussing rather than making petty comments on the sidelines?

I don't think anyone's got anything interesting to say in the
discussion. If you can call it a discussion. It's just variations of
"It is in London!", "No, it's not!", "Yes, it is!", "No, it isn't!" etc.
If you're yawning, it's this debate that's doping it to you. I'll stay
in the sidelines where I can keep awake.

If you want to stay on the sidelines then stop sticking your oars into the
thread when you have nothing useful to say on the subject.

I take it you'd like all people banned from posting to this newsgroup
unless they live in London and promise not to say anything bad about
it? Get over it.

Oh, look. You're building the "censorship" straw man. How predictable.
You're just half a step away from calling people Nazis!

That's the second time you've accused me of being "steps away" from calling
peolpe Nazis on absolutely no basis whatsoever. I'm sure others will draw
their own conclusions.

Let's see your score so far: --

What do you think you are, some kind of self-appointed umpire?

* You post to a London newsgroup to say that London "is a polluted, grim
urban toilet that festers with high levels of anti-social behaviour."

Never let the actual wording get in the way of a misleading post eh? I
didn't say all of London was a dump, but much of it is (I take it you think
London is some kind of paradise, despite the fact that it has pockets of
some of the most extreme deprivation in the country?).

* You keep adding to the argument, refusing to quietly agree to
disagree, even (or especially) when it's clear that most of the group
does disagree with you.

You are not in a position to assert or judge whether the group agrees with
me or not. Most of the people reading this group don't even post, so you
are in no position to know. Neither am I.

* You resort to trickery like inventing imaginary rights and building
straw men to aid you in the argument.

Trickerly, lol, I love it.

Hmmm.... If it posts like a troll, and it argues like a troll, then it's
probably a troll. Enjoy my kill file. **PLONK**!

Well, I won't be killfilling you; I'm interested in other people's points of
view, even though I disagree with them. Shame you can't cope with reading
any opinions other than your own.

Nick