Old January 18th 05, 10:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london
General Von Clinkerhoffen General Von Clinkerhoffen is offline

Default LUL Drivers Work to Rule

Ahhh you hit the nail on the head with the phrase "paid for my time" the
district drivers Don't get paid for their time, travelling from Acton to
Earls Court, that is all they want either to be paid for the time from
Acton as they used to be, or to have ALL duties booking on at Acton
Town, not too much to ask, is it?

Paul Weaver wrote:
On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 13:01:21 +0000, General Von Clinkerhoffen wrote:

If you worked at say Tesco Basingstoke, and you were asked to work at
Tesco Newbury, but you would only finish work when you got back to Tesco
Basingstoke, what would your reaction be?

Assuming that you get free travel between the two places, and paid for
my time, I'd quietly question the competency of management and get on with
my job.

Of course that would never happen in the private sector as it would be a
waste of money.