Old January 20th 05, 01:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] jonnelledge@hotmail.com is offline

Default Frequent service maps...

Nick:
Yeah, that ON map could be quite handy if it was more accurate. The
metropolitan Kent section is all over the place - Bexleyheath line

greyed
out implying less than 4 trains an hour? Orpington greyed out

incorrectly.
Only 8 tph to Dartford? (I think Dartford is 12tph off-peak during the

day). Whoever drew that map didn't examine train services in Bexley

and
Bromley very carefully...

I think it's because it works on the basis of how many tph a station
has to a certain station - it's no good knowing that Bexleyheath has
4tph if you specifically want to go to Victoria, as it's only the
terminus for two of those trains (IIRC).

That's another thing I'm not keen on about the new LUL frequent
services map actually - it reverts to showing any station that has that
many trains is receiving a frequent service, even when it's effectively
served by two infrequent routes.

Jonn