Old January 20th 05, 02:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Aidan Stanger Aidan Stanger is offline

Default London supremacy

Clive Coleman wrote:

writes
Or would deplore it and say "But that detracts from London" If "yes",
then you're a London Firster. A dog in the manger.

And what would I be if I deplored it and said "but that costs many
gigaquid that could be spent in a far more useful way" what would I be?

What's wrong with developing Glasgow?

Nothing, and I'm strongly in favour of linking Glasgow Central with
Queen Street to enable through services - either with a tunnel or by
converting some of the lines to light rail (or better still, both).