Old January 20th 05, 06:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london
David Boothroyd David Boothroyd is offline

Default London supremacy

In article , (Huge)
wrote:
Clive Coleman writes:
In message , Aidan Stanger
writes

As for London Weighting, that's just part of peoples' wages - it's paid
for by the employers, yet the employers are quite happy to locate
themselves in London, so obviously they think it's worth it.

If London Weighting was stopped, or other places paid the same, I'm sure
the house price differential would fall as less people would be able to
compete for housing stock. Making other cities more attractive.

I'm not convinced. IME, London Weighting is woefully inadequate.

The effect of increasing it markedly would simply be to fuel the
London and SE housing market and concentrate even more of the
economy on the overheated bit.

You pay over the odds for living in London but you get it back
in terms of being closer to the amenities.

--
http://www.election.demon.co.uk
"The guilty party was the Liberal Democrats and they were hardened offenders,