Old January 21st 05, 03:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tim Tim is offline

Default Quick Oyster Question

Jason wrote:
Don't think so - only Pre-Pay, and Period Travelcards (7 days and
longer) to my knowledge.

There must be some reason why they haven't done it. I suspect because
to order online, the credit card charges wouldn't make it worth while.

I always thought they could just put up pads on the wall - touch here
for a one day travelcard.

But then if they ever manage to get capping working, then this wouldn't
be needed.

[as an aside, I also noticed that most of the LCD displays on the oyster
readers I went through weren't working]

Tim