Old January 22nd 05, 09:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Frequent service maps...

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005, Neil Williams wrote:

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 16:52:17 -0000, "Stimpy"
wrote:

I did a quick test of this in the pub at lunchtime. I asked 6 people
which county Reading was in and they all said Berkshire

I'd have said that, too. Where do people normally think it is located?

I'm thinking the original assertion was some sort of deep zen koan, the
point of which we're all missing.

The Reading in Pennsylvania is also in Berks - but there, it seems to
actually be called Berks County, not Berkshire. Funny old world. Well,
funny New World, actually, but YKWIM.

tom

--
if you can't beat them, build them