Old January 23rd 05, 12:02 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Nick Cooper Nick Cooper is offline

Default London supremacy (was London or Not ....

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 13:41:58 +0000, Michael Bell
wrote:

There is a great deal of favouratism for London and holding the North
back. London has unitary control of its local transport. Provincial cities
are not allowed to.

Wow! I'm sure that'll come as a surprise to, say, the West Yorkshire
Passenger Transport Executive. In many respects, like a mini London
Transport, only without an Underground network, obviously.
--
Nick Cooper

The London Underground at War:
http://www.cwgcuser.org.uk/personal/...ra/lu/tuaw.htm
625-Online - classic British television:
http://www.625.org.uk
'Things to Come' - An Incomplete Classic:
http://www.thingstocome.org.uk