Old January 23rd 05, 10:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default Frequent service maps...

wrote in message
oups.com...

...have begun appearing in certain tube stations
in place of the London Connections map.

Thanks for drawing all of our attention to this. I've now finally seen it.

I appluad the sentiment (and was pleasantly surprised
by how much of the south London network qualifies),

The definition of frequent looks deliberately specced down to make most of
south London qualify. Turn Up And Go should be 10 minute maximum headway
IMO.

but isn't there anyway they could be made both clearer
and less ugly? Perhaps by using a different colour
for each London terminal (and Thameslink), and use
broken lines instead of less bold ones for infrequent services.

I think the biggest problem with the map is that it is too hard to tell the
difference between frequent stations and infrequent stations on frequent
lines, such as Hackbridge. I am not convinced that the station names should
be coloured at all, especially when you consider that some interchanges have
a multiple blob which is coloured half frequent and half infrequent
(incidentally the difference between the frequent and infrequent blobs at an
interchange is not clear enough IMO). I can not think of a perfect solution
right now.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped