Old January 25th 05, 01:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london,cam.transport
Meldrew of Meldreth Meldrew of Meldreth is offline

Default OT: Uni, was: Cambrige - London traffic up 75%

In article , Mrs Redboots
writes
But we *did* have the concept of free, universal education, which has
now been lost. I suppose it will be nursery schools and classes next,
then sixth forms..... until finally all education has to be paid for out
of one's pocket, as well as through taxation.

Oddly enough, there's much more money in state subsidised nursery care
than ten years ago. All 4 year olds are equally deserving.

At the risk of sounding a bit meldrew-ish I'm not sure 50% of teenagers
are equally deserving of a "university" education.

But it does wonders for the unemployment statistics. Which is the main
driver.
--
"now, the thing you type on and the window you stare out of are the same thing"