Old January 25th 05, 09:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Chiltern vs the Central line

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005, Dave Arquati wrote:

Tom Anderson wrote:
On Mon, 24 Jan 2005, Dave Arquati wrote:

One might think that a journey from the outskirts of London into the
centre would be quickest via a fast National Rail operator,

^^^^^^

I made a journey from High Wycombe into Kensington last week.

^^^^^^^^^^

Dave, are we going to have to go over this again?

Oh dear, not this old chestnut... you'll just have to accept that Dave's
definition of Central London is Zone 1 :-)

I'm having flashbacks to the whole "Metropolitan Kent" argument.

I think we did Essex a bit before that.

Still, correct definitions are important, and, moreover, this group
collects argumentative pedants like uk.local.london collects raving
lunatics.

(including a stop at the fantastic Denham Golf Club).

Do expand on that.

The king of Chiltern's rural stations. I've never seen anyone get on or
off there - not even with any golf clubs. I reckon most people
travelling to Denham Golf Club do so by BMW rather than Chiltern Turbo
(although the latter has more plentiful room for one's clubs).

Why on earth does this station exist? Why does it *still* exist?

tom

--
I see large and small words on this page, arranged in long rows separated by little dotty characters. Suspect written by little dotty characters, too. -- RonJeffries