Old January 25th 05, 10:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london,cam.transport
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default OT: Uni, was: Cambrige - London traffic up 75%

In article ,
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at
19:25:00 on Tue, 25 Jan 2005, Colin Rosenstiel
remarked:

If your parents were better off you got a "reduced fees grant" meaning
that you got no maintenance and paid something towards your fees. If your
parents were even better off you got a minimum grant (UKP50 in my day)
only and paid all your fees.

And my recollection is that that for every extra pound the parent
earned, more than a pound was deducted from the grant. A poverty trap by
definition.

Or the student. My TOTAL gap year's income (after tax) was deducted
from my next year's grant AND FEES - though I now believe that I
should have got a solicitor to challenge the latter.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.