Old January 26th 05, 11:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london,cam.transport
Ian Tindale Ian Tindale is offline

Default OT: Uni, was: Cambrige - London traffic up 75%

Clive D. W. Feather wrote:

In article , Roland
Perry writes
If you had left home and were earning, there came a point that parental
income wasn't counted at all - which most students seemed to think was
a "good thing".

It was, because you were unlikely to be near the minimum (and, IIRC, you
were assessed on expected income *while at college*, not on the income
in the years just before). But it took more than just a gap year to get
you to that state - again IIRC, it was 3 years unless you could show
special circumstances like being married and set up in your own home.

Interesting. I'm married, 'set up in our own home' and now at 44, last
September embarked upon a Masters at our local uni, part time. No help with
fees, grants or anything (which is a bit tight as I've not had much work
lately either). It's costing a bloody fortune, I don't mind telling.
--
Ian Tindale