Old January 27th 05, 05:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Farewell to the 36 RMs

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 17:09:05 +0000, Mrs Redboots
wrote:

Ian Jelf wrote to uk.transport.london on Thu, 27 Jan 2005:

(Irrelevant bits snipped)

I had a free morning on London on Tuesday so decided to bid a farewell
to RMs on the 36.

Oh bother! I could have been on one today but hadn't realised they were
going.

Lots of extras tomorrow to commemorate the end of RMs so you have a good
chance of a last ride if time permits. Last RMs in South East London -
assuming you don't consider Brixton to be south east.

Finally, why do people give South of the River such a hard time? I've
seen better areas than Peckham but I've seen *much* worse, too!

Peckham is great for cheap clothes! I went to Lewisham this morning,
but stopped off in Peckham on my way home.

Yes I've been to Peckham quite a lot in recent months. I rather like the
atmosphere of the high st and market. Unfortunately I look at the
Library building and always remember Damilola Taylor.
--
Paul C