Old January 28th 05, 08:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mrs Redboots Mrs Redboots is offline

Default Farewell to the 36 RMs

Paul Corfield wrote to uk.transport.london on Thu, 27 Jan 2005:

Lots of extras tomorrow to commemorate the end of RMs so you have a good
chance of a last ride if time permits.

I will, if I have time, although that looks unlikely.

Last RMs in South East London -
assuming you don't consider Brixton to be south east.

To be honest, I was so cross with a 159 crew yesterday - they didn't
stop nearly long enough to allow people to get on, as they had been
hidden behind a larger bus, so nobody saw they were there - that I
thought "and the sooner *you* go to one-man operation, the better!"
Many, if not most, of the conductors are courteous, friendly and
helpful, but one or two are the exact opposite.

Finally, why do people give South of the River such a hard time? I've
seen better areas than Peckham but I've seen *much* worse, too!

Peckham is great for cheap clothes! I went to Lewisham this morning,
but stopped off in Peckham on my way home.

Yes I've been to Peckham quite a lot in recent months. I rather like the
atmosphere of the high st and market. Unfortunately I look at the
Library building and always remember Damilola Taylor.

So do I, alas....
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/