Old February 1st 05, 05:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Ian Jelf Ian Jelf is offline

Default Farewell to the 36 RMs

In message .com,
Rupert Candy writes
Paul Corfield wrote:

Well I did promise to give you an update on the 159 when more details
emerged. The new contract award was announced yesterday for the 159 -

it
is staying with Arriva London South but will get new double deckers
which certainly means it loses its conductors as well.

Thanks for the update Paul - presumably this means more VLWs like the
137? It could be a lot worse...

Indeed, I for one think that the VLWs look very smart. I've also heard
some surprisingly positive remarks about their appearance from non
transport interested friends and colleagues.

The loss of the RM continues to be a source of concern, though. I
can't visualise bendies on the 38; but then I couldn't; envisage them
on the 73 either, so that proves nothing! :-)

Any more news, Paul, about the mooted "heritage routes"?
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK

http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk